We are looking for a Creative Technologist with 3+ years of experience to join our family of design doers, passionate geeks, human-centered designers, and business thinkers.
- Technologies: You have experience with tools like React, Vue, Svelte or similar, and you have probably heard the term ‘Jamstack’ and know what ‘Functional Programming’ is. You see the value in using modern future proof stacks and are on a constant lookout for technologies and tools that can enhance our work and solve real problems.
- Data: You view data as a design material for building transformative digital experiences. You have a solid grip on using REST APIs (and maybe GraphQL) and know how data structures can impact CMS editors, scalability and view layers.
- Design: You are not afraid to grab a pencil and are used to expanding on existing designs and concepts. You understand the underlying principles of graphic- and motion design and know how to collaborate and co-create with designers and UX experts.
- Prototyping & deep dives: Fast deadlines or long hauls - neither scares you off. You can spin up a landing page in a matter of hours, and love iterating continuously to test impact and meet user needs. Likewise, taking deep dives with a single client for months makes you leverage your architectural skills and keeps you engaged by constantly pushing optimal solutions and timely advice.
- Full stack / backend: You see terms like databases, cloud functions and microservices as an opportunity to expand your skillset and professional reach. You have some experience working with backend technologies, and can integrate towards platforms like Contentful, Firebase, Umbraco, etc.
- Personality: We value people who are inclusive, curious, motivated, team-oriented, demonstrate leadership, take initiatives, and create relations.
- Experience: We are looking for a Creative Technologist to join us with 3+ years of experience from a similar role and responsibilities. You have relevant education.
- You are an EU resident or have a European work permit.
As part of a small team, you will have great influence on how we work and where we are going. We expect you to hold your own and to be a great advisor for your colleagues and our clients. You will identify strategic opportunities, meet challenges with an open mind, and deliver best in class experiences using creative technologies.
You will join cross-disciplinary teams that work with our clients to deliver meaningful change through the design of products, services, processes, and businesses. We are design thinking practitioners who are eager to learn through hypotheses, prototypes and experiments to devise new solutions that make an impact.
You will enter agile development teams and work solo on internal products. Projects vary from smaller components in a larger context to full stack on smaller projects.
You will be working at our office in central Copenhagen and from client locations.
1508 is a strategic design agency that has been around since 2000. We are a team of 30 skilled people and each of us adds to the unique 1508 spirit. We see our culture as our primary asset and our unfair advantage. We love to experiment with our own company and rhythm of work. Some of the experiments that have come to last are Fireside chats, company-wide standups on Fridays, service jams, open management meetings, and project retros.
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Creative Technologist".