Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a senior UX designer with 5+ years of experience to join our team of passionate geeks, human-centered designers, and business thinkers.
Application Deadline: 1/15/2022
We are looking for a senior UX designer to join us with 5+ years of experience from a similar role and responsibilities. You have a relevant education and are fluent in Danish and English.
We hope you recognize yourself in most of the following qualifications:
- Design thinking: You embrace a design thinking mindset and master creative problem-solving and critical reflection from multiple perspectives.
- User research: Identifying user needs is your backbone skill. You work human-centered and translate user insights into meaningful questions that can inform concept and direction. You can develop concepts deeply rooted in research that can be tested to iterate or pivot.
- Interaction design: You are a proficient prototyper - from low-fidelity to clickable mock-ups with animations and transitions that simulate the end product. You create flow diagrams, know your interaction patterns, and are well-versed with accessibility & usability.
- Working with developers: You are familiar with and have experience with agile development methods. You understand and embrace the transition from dead pixels to a product/service that can be used by end-users.
- Project design: You are eager to pitch in and help win new projects and clients. You are familiar with how to best design a project and process to create relevant outcomes. It is a positive asset if you have product-owner and light project management skills.
- Facilitation: You have solid facilitation skills and enjoy finding new ways to engage people and effectively move a group of people forward. You will facilitate workshops, design sprints, presentations, and meetings. You will also have the opportunity to present and host Morgenboosters where we aim to inspire the world around us.
- Business design: You understand our clients' business and ecosystem. It is positive if you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are familiar with business design, and the processes of creating profitable business ideas that contribute to growth over time.
We value people who are inclusive, curious, motivated, team-oriented, demonstrate leadership, take initiatives, and create relations.
About the role
You will join a cross-disciplinary team that works with our clients to deliver meaningful change through the design of brands, products, services, processes, and businesses.
We are design thinking practitioners who are eager to learn through hypotheses, prototypes, and experiments, to devise new solutions that make an impact.
As part of a cross-disciplinary team, you will be a driver in figuring out "what's the problem really?" in the strategic phase. In the concept phase, you will often work design sprint-based. You will ideate, prototype, test, and learn. You will mature the product and detail interactions during the build and implementation phase through to the MVP launch.
Our workflow is dynamic – there will be weeks with a high pace and weeks with time dedicated to deep-diving into the details e.g., detailed prototypes.
You will have the opportunity to continuously develop and hone your UX skills and profile. The UX team at 1508 has a broad skillset, thrive on feedback and sparring, enjoy experimenting, taking initiative, and making ideas tangible. As a senior UX profile we expect you to feed into the continuous development of our practice, method, and skills.
We are a strategic design company that has been around since 2000. We are a team of nearly 35 skilled people and each of us adds to the unique 1508-spirit. We see our culture as our primary asset and allow no assholes and no bullshit. We continuously experiment with the way we work, to always bring quality in what we deliver to the world.
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject "Senior UX Designer".
You are also welcome to contact our Strategy and UX Director, Cecilie Goodley Dannisøe, on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +45 5373 0204 to learn more about the job. We look forward to hearing from you.
Application deadline: 1st December – but we’d like to hear from you as soon as possible.